Now available: v1.1 of the PubSub+ Connector for IBM MQ
Hello all connector enthusiasts!
Version 1.1 of the Self-contained Connector: PubSub+ Connector for IBM MQ is now available.
This release contains a number of new features and enhancements since the 1.0 release in Dec. 2022.
- Support for durable topic subscriptions in the JMS/MQ input binding/consumer of a workflow. Durable topic subscriptions are a popular messaging pattern in JMS applications and allows for the Topic to persist messages even when there is no consumer connected with an active subscription.
- You can now configure a connector to have more than one MQ Queue Manager and/or more than one PubSub+ Message VPN in the same connector instance. This, combined with the 20 workflows setting below, can substantially reduce the number of connector instances needed for a deployment.
- Support for up to 20 workflows to be configured per connector instance. This is up from the 10 in v1.0. This will allow fewer connector instances to be deployed, making the management of the connector deployment easier. This is especially true when deploying to VMs/cloud compute.
- You can now publish to a PubSub+ Queue directly. Solace generally recommends that you publish to a Topic to take advantage of the pub/sub message pattern but there may be use cases where a point-to-point workflow is desirable. This change is also available outside the connector in the Solace Spring Cloud Stream binder.
- Using the new Payload Transform section of the workflow configuration, you can change the received message from bytes to text message and vice versa. This is the 1st instance of having the Payload available to the Spring Expression Language (SpEL). Other transform capabilities will b e available in future versions of the Self-contained Connectors.
This release is available on the Solace customer download portal (login required) and a container image is available on Docker Hub. There will be a publicly-available download coming soon as the Self-contained Connectors are free to use.