Is there a way to dynamically send Selector value to the Solace connector in Boomi?

I want to read message from queue based on a value received in my message in Boomi, I can use the JMS connector to dynamically set Message Selector as a Parameter & retrieve data , but when using the new Solace Connector I don't the option to add value to Selector dynamically. Is there a way to set the Selectors dynamically?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee

Hi, I am on the product management team at Solace. I will look into this for you. Can you give a screenshot of your Boomi process that implements this use case? I just want to make sure I understand what the flow is.

• sacduggal
    sacduggal Member Posts: 6

Hi , I am having issues inserting image, so please find the below steps performed in the process.
    i) Boomi receives a XML file with a field ID in the profile.
    ii) I want to retrieve all relevant records in the queue with the ID received, the messages in the queue have the ID in the header.
    iii) When using JMS connector, I can specify the Message Selector as a parameter which can take any dynamic values. so I can assign the ID profile element as a message selector in the connector shape in the process.
    iv) But when using the Solace PubSub+ connector I don’t see the option available to dynamically send selector value. it only has that option in the operation not in the parameter tab of the connector.

Is there a way to send the selector dynamically? Hope this clears the flow that I am trying to implement.
    Also, is there a way to implement JMS “Message Group” scenario using Solace & Boomi. We want to maintain sequence of request of a particular “Work-Order” with concurrent executions, making sure a request for a particular work order are sent in order to destination.

• sacduggal
    sacduggal Member Posts: 6

Thanks @amackenzie!!

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sacduggal If @amackenzie answered your question, can you accept it by clicking Yes?

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
    edited January 2022 #8

hey @sacduggal - and anyone seeing this, this is how you can set selector values dynamically https://solace.community/discussion/1192/dynamically-setting-selectors-in-the-boomi-solace-connector