Nice talk on Orchestration and Choreography

Options
arih
arih Member, Employee Posts: 125 Solace Employee
edited February 2021 in General Discussions #1

Hi folks,
I'm sure you've heard about choreography while looking into event-driven architecture. Of few talks I found talking about this, this one is my current favourite:
https://youtu.be/zt9DFMkjkEA

He talks more about what he thinks is the core difference, the pitfalls, and later the technology. I enjoyed it and learned a lot, hope you will too.

Comments

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 920 admin
    Options

Thanks for sharing @arih, I'll definitely have to check it out!

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
    Options

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing Ari! One thing that really popped up is when he mentioned that one of the drawbacks of an event-driven system is the "pinball effect" that is its hard to determine what are the events being fired in a system with huge traffic. In other words its challenging to inspect a system of events. This is so interesting to hear because runtime discovery in our PubSub+ Event Portal really hits the spot with this issue :)

• arih
    arih Member, Employee Posts: 125 Solace Employee
    Options

exactly mate, I'm intrigued to follow up on that. first time hearing the term "pinball effect" but totally can relate :wink:

• himanshu
    himanshu Member, Employee Posts: 67 Solace Employee
    Options

This is a great talk. Loved the clear explanation and helpful visuals. Loved that there is so much talk about having orchestration or choreography but in the real world, as usual, you will have a hybrid system that implements both.

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

Bump to the top! Finally watched this, it's been sitting on a Chrome tab forever. Very good talk, thanks for sharing..!