Can we get messages consumer from Solace queue at one go ?

Kinjal Shah
Kinjal Shah Member Posts: 10

Can we get messages consumer from Solace queue at one go ?

Answers

• vishalch
    vishalch Member Posts: 4

Hi,
    As per my understanding Messages will be delivered individually to the flow/process.
    I haven't seen subscribing bulkMessages at one go in solace documentation.
    Anyone please Correct me if it is otherwise.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Hi @Kinjal Shah & @vishalch,
    Can you share more about your use case and what you're trying to achieve? Solace Event Brokers and SMF APIs do have the concept of windowing that allow you to choose how many messages you'd like to allow an app to receive before sending an ACK back to the broker. This allows your app to receive say 100 messages, then process them before sending back an ACK. Depending on what you're trying to achieve this might work for you :)

-Marc

• vishalch
    vishalch Member Posts: 4

Hi @marc ,

Scenario I can imagine will be like -
    Say there are 100 messages in solace queue and I want to receive them in bunch of 10 at a time (kind of array of 10 messages) and process them and then send single ack for entire bunch (of 10).
    Is this achievable?

What all different options we have with this capability :- JMS/Solace REST API considering I am reading Solace queue in Integration tool like Mulesoft,

Thanks.

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hey @vishalch - looks like what you are referring to is leveraging windowing like what Marc has mentioned. In your case, you can set the window size to 10 and this means that your application (e.. Mulesoft integration) will consume 10 messages then send 1 ACK on the successful processing of the messages back to the Solace Broker, and then consume the next 10 messages and so on. There is an older blog about how to use windows and the explanation behind it here https://solace.com/blog/understanding-guaranteed-message-publish-window-sizes-and-acknowledgement/ and if you are using JMS here is a reference on how to set the window size https://docs.solace.com/Solace-JMS-API/Message-Delivery-Propert.htm#jms_properties_39190069_303737

Hope that helps and let me know if your use-case requires something else!