Sending json message using Python to queue using Kerberos authentication.

Pravin
Pravin Member Posts: 4
edited April 2021 in General Discussions #1

Does python api supports solace Kerberos authentication?. If so can any one share sample code? If not what are other ways to use Kerberos authentication for sending json message.

Tagged:

Comments

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee

Hi @Pravin, not yet, unfortunately. Features are still being added to the Python API. If you have a look at the Python docs you can see what is supported currently and what isn't.

Solace is payload agnostic so any of our other APIs that support Kerberos, such as Java, will do the trick. To get started quickly, you could use our test harness tool, sdkperf - this will take your json as a file, authenticate using Kerberos, and send the data for you.

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

We will be releasing kerberos support with python soon, so stay tuned here on the community I will be announcing it when it's ready and released 👍

• Pravin

Thanks for reply. If possible can you please let me know by when you are going to release this. This will help me to estimate timeline for my project. Thanks in advance.

• Pravin

Can you please share sample code for certificate base authentication using python api. As I can see class solace.messaging.config.authentication_strategy.ClientCertificateAuthentication().
    And steps to implement.

• Tamimi

Hey @Pravin ! Can you please start another post regarding certificate authentication with python so we can answer it there instead and I can show you a code snippet on how to use certificate authentication. In the meantime, you can check out https://tutorials.solace.dev/ under python there are code snippets showing how to configure authentication using ClientCertificateAuthentication

• gaquino
    gaquino Member Posts: 3

Hi,

There is any update in the Solace's pubsub python library related to kerberos ? Is it supporting kerberos now?

• Tamimi

Hey @gaquino ! According to the docs here, https://docs.solace.com/API/Messaging-APIs/Solace-APIs-Overview.htm Kerberos is supported with the Python API now :)

• gaquino

thats a GREAT news !!!!! I just tried to find any sample, but couldn't. can you help me to find any type of sample related to how to use Python with Kerberos auth?

Thank you

• gaquino

???? where I can find the samples for Kerberos usage ?

• Tamimi
    edited June 2022 #11

Hey @gaquino you can simply set your authentication scheme to use kerberos as seen in the docs here https://docs.solace.com/API-Developer-Online-Ref-Documentation/python/source/rst/solace.messaging.config.html#solace.messaging.config.authentication_strategy.Kerberos assuming that you are logged in with kerberos on your machine (via kinit)