Publishing the event in existing microservice

Rinkssach
Rinkssach Member Posts: 2

How can we publish event in running existing microservice using solace and spring cloud stream.

Comments

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hey @Rinkssach - we have a lot of content on the community here regarding Spring Cloud Stream that you can browse through to get an idea. You can also check out a bunch of videos about this if you search for "Solace Sprig Cloud Stream" on Youtube. If you have a more specific question we can help you out with that you couldnt find in the community, documentation or videos we would be happy to help out!

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Hi @Rinkssach,
    As @Tamimi said we'd need some more information to discuss specifics so that would be great if you could share more info around the running microservice. Is it using Spring Boot for example?

Without having more info about your app I'd say go check out our sample apps here: https://github.com/SolaceSamples/solace-samples-spring
    The cloud-stream-source shows a sample publisher and the cloud-stream-dynamic-destination-processor shows how you can send to dynamic topics.

• Rinkssach
    Rinkssach Member Posts: 2

Thank you @Tamimi and @marc for quick replies.
    I am new to Solace and want to learn PUB SUB.
    I am having spring boot microservice and trying to add publisher subscriber using spring cloud functions.

• akg17
    akg17 Member Posts: 76

Hello
    I already have projects where the Rabbit Mq is used as per the organization instruction we need to decide wheather to use the Kafka and solace. I am just looking into solace and figuring out what could be the changes or do we need major code changes i was trying sample examples but with @Input and @output channels and configuration i am not using functions because i dont want make more changes except the binder specific and queue configuration i am not able to get how does the DLQ works in case if listner throws an exception so that message should go to dlq what are the changes required here for this, transaction-output:
    consumer:
    useGroupNameInErrorQueueName: false
    autoBindErrorQueue: true
    errorQueueNameOverride: txError
    provisionErrorQueue: false
    producer:
    useGroupNameInErrorQueueName: false
    autoBindErrorQueue: true
    errorQueueNameOverride: txError
    provisionErrorQueue: false

Just want to know how can i get these error queue created and autobinded with the custom name which i can pull using listeners,

• akg17
    akg17 Member Posts: 76

I am exploring the below things
    Dynamic Routing feature
    Request mechanism for Queue creation in KAFKA/ check for self service availability?
    Exchange type support in SOLACE
    Re-processing from DLQ in SOLACE , Autobind dlq
    Information carrying in message header
    Also it would be a great help if i could get one sample yml for autobind dlq, retry and producer and consumer config but not with functions but message channels, Thanks

• Tamimi

Hey @akg17 - thanks and welcome to our solace community! Please start a new discussion with your question and clear description in the title to make sure we're on the same topic per discussion, that way you can get better answers to your question and community interaction :) I'll keep your comments here until you start a new discussion. And feel free to introduce yourself in the introduction thread!

• Tamimi

Welcome to solace @Rinkssach ! Were you able to run the sample that Marc pointed earlier? I'm curious to know what issues you came across that blocked you from proceeding forward, that way we can try to unblock you. I would also recommend checking out this video if you want to learn about microservices in Spring Cloud Stream and Solace