Early Access is Now Available for the New Java API 🎉

marc
marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
edited March 2021 in General Discussions #1

Early Access is Now Available for the brand new "PubSub+ Messaging API for Java" 🎉

Solace Community members can find out more about the API in the "Early Access API" category here:
https://solace.community/discussion/643/early-access-now-available-for-the-new-java-messaging-api

Tagged:

Comments

• sjaak
    sjaak Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 #2

That is great! Out of curiosity: what was the reason to develop a new Java API? Is there data for GA? Btw: we're developing a brand new Java connector for the Mendix platform, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks :)
    @PimvdNoll Check this out

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Hey @sjaak! As you might be already aware, we have our Java API: JCSMP. This new Java API will bring newer feature of the Java language and have it more user-friendly to learn messaging concepts all while allowing a powerful API ! We will be adding more features to the new PubSub+ Message API for Java and aiming for GA in June of this year. I would recommend checking Andrew's talk in the upcoming global user conference he will be covering more details about the API with a quick demo on how to use it.
    Note: this does not mean JCSMP is being deprecated.

Also - great to know about mendix connector!

• sjaak
    sjaak Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

@Tamimi , thanks. I'll pass the info to @PimvdNoll

• Tony Zoght
    Tony Zoght Member Posts: 1 ✭

It's awesome to see the Java Messaging API for Solace evolve and grow. Keep up the good work team Solace!

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Thanks @Tony Zoght. Let us know if you have any feedback.
    Hope everything is going well!