Solace Pub Sub vs AWS Active MQ

nehachopra
nehachopra Member Posts: 3
edited June 2021 in General Discussions #1

Need to explore and understand which is more efficient : Solace Pub Sub or AWS Active MQ for Enterprise Systems

Use Case : Legacy system deals with Apache MQ/ Rabbit MQ on premise. Idea is to migrate the same to cloud. But need to have clarity on higher level which is better and why -- considering future growth of the company.

Tagged:

Comments

• ChristianHoltfurth
    ChristianHoltfurth Member, Employee Posts: 68 Solace Employee

@nehachopra There can only be one answer:
    You should really choose Solace PubSub+! ;)

It's the best with regards to performance, scalability, robustness and flexibility.
    And it's the only one that gives you the benefits of a super dynamic Event Mesh!

With regards to future growth of your company, I believe being able to easily scale out the service to support increased load, be able to deploy and extend to any Cloud (and on-prem), having built-in HA and DR or some other factors that you should cater in.

p.s. I'm expressing my honest opinion, but I may be a little bit biased as a Solace employee. ;)

p.p.s. If you have any specific requirements or are looking for a more indepth comparison, you may want to discuss this with one of our account teams.

• nehachopra

Thanks @ChristianHoltfurth. I would love to connect with the accounts team though because I just want to be very sure before i make any decision.
    Can you suggest where can I connect with the accounts team?

• nehachopra

@ChristianHoltfurth : May be if you can advice -- can we migrate Apache MQ/Rabbit MQ which are on prem to Solace?

• ChristianHoltfurth

Hi @nehachopra ,
    Sure, we can connect you. I'll PM you directly.

• ChristianHoltfurth

can we migrate Apache MQ/Rabbit MQ which are on prem to Solace?

Yes, it should be possible. However, the devil is mostly in the details with these type of questions.
    For Apache MQ, your applications would be probably using AMQP 1.0, which is supported by Solace as well. Porting those should be relative straightforward.
    For Rabbit MQ, this will mostly depend on what protocol your applications are coded against. If they make use of AMQP 1.0 or MQTT (available via plugin), then again that should be relatively straightforward as Solace supports both these protocols. But most Rabbit MQ applications use AMQP 0-9-2 which never made it into a standard and is pretty much only supported by Rabbit MQ. Those applications would need a bit more adjustments to work with Solace.
    Depending on the exchange type they use (which again is a Rabbit MQ specific concept), this can be relatively straightforward (e.g. Topic Exchange) or may need a bit more redesign work.