Issue subscribing durable queue to topic

Hello
We are using Spring Cloud Stream solace binder to connect to Solace. We are facing an issue when durable queues subscribe to topic.

Case 1:
When the application is creating the queue we are not facing any issue. The durable queue gets subscribed to the topic and is able to consume message successfully.

Case 2:
When the durable queue is not created by app (created by Solace Admin), we are seeing below error during application startup.
Caused by: com.solacesystems.jcsmp.AccessDeniedException: Permission Not Allowed - Queue 'XXXXX' - Topic 'YYYY'

We need help on the type of permission to be granted to resolve the access issue.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Hi ruplim,
    Please see Andrew's response here: https://solace.community/discussion/94/spring-cloud-stream-and-solace-bindings
    At this time the SCS binder will always attempt to create the queue & add the topic subscriptions.

-Marc

• marc

Hi @ruplim ,
    I just wanted to update you and anyone that finds this thread that the latest version of the Solace Spring Cloud Stream Binder now allows for you to disable queue provisioning so you can use it with pre-provisioned queues.

There are three new properties that you can set to false to disable provisioning. You can find more info here.
    The properties are:
    1. provisionDurableQueue
    2. provisionSubscriptionsToDurableQueue
    3. provisionDmq

Happy Streaming!

• akg17
    akg17 Member Posts: 76
    edited July 2021 #6

It's recommended to add the topic subscription manually when queues are created through soladmin

how do we do this ?

I am able to subscribe to the queue without group name but why not with group name i have preprovisioned the queue, set the provisionDurableQueue to false. Permission Not Allowed - Queue 'XXXXX' - Topic 'YYYY'

• marc

Hi @akg17,

Try setting provisionSubscriptionsToDurableQueue to false as well.

• Ravi
    Ravi Member Posts: 12

I am also facing same issue, where we need to set these properties, in yaml when setting these properties its giving error. can you provide sample properties/yaml file for below, i am using solace-spring-cloud-bom.version 2.1.0
    1. provisionDurableQueue
    2. provisionSubscriptionsToDurableQueue
    3. provisionDmq
    4. provisionSubscriptionsToDurableQueue

• marc

Hey @Ravi,

There is an example here that should give you what you need:
    https://solace.community/discussion/comment/2704#Comment_2704

Hope that helps!