Solace Developer Spotlight: Shradha Bhatia

hong
hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hometown: Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India

Years of being a developer: 3.2 years as a professional developer

Technical competencies: MuleSoft, Solace PubSub+, TIBCO, Azure

How did you start as a developer?

I started as an IT professional and it was a roller coaster ride for me. I was completing my graduation specialization in biotechnology when I got campus recruited in Infosys. Shifting to IT from biotechnology was a big challenge for me, but I knew I wanted to do this. During my Infosys training, I learnt TIBCO and MuleSoft. After that, I gradually moved to provide integration solutions for various clients. Till now, my friends ask me how I did this shift, and I tell them that it is the capabilities of this industry that have kept me glued to it.

What is your typical day like?

My typical day starts with coffee and a workout for an hour. Then I prepare my plan for the day (I believe in creating a to-do list every day). Also, I log in 30-45 minutes early to prepare myself for the stand-up calls or the mails that require my attention. Post all the meetings, I continue my development activities for the client or create POCs. I also read technical blogs and articles to get additional knowledge.

What is your favorite thing about being a developer?

Able to provide solutions for various business organizations and domains. Additionally, I love the sense of achievement when our solution benefits or makes life easier for anyone.

What project are you currently working on?

I am currently serving as a MuleSoft developer for a major client and working on multiple projects for it. Also, I am exploring to integrate MuleSoft with Solace PubSub+.

What new skills or technologies are you learning?

I am currently learning more about the Event-Driven Architecture (EDA) and also exploring SnapLogic these days.

What cool tech trends are you seeing?

I believe Internet of Things and Internet of Behaviours are here to stay and have massive impact on people’s lives.

What advice do you have for other developers?

Keep learning and growing. The more you learn, the more you’d grow.

If you could retire now, what would you do?

I am a mountain lover and avid reader. If I could retire now, I will take as many books as possible and settle up in the mountains.

If you were a Solace Developer Community admin for one day, what would you do?

I would encourage developers to connect more and share their experiences widely with the community. I would create meetup groups and encourage people to share the use cases and problem statements for which they successfully implemented Solace PubSub+.

What is your Solace wish?

I would want Solace to engage more with the customers and organize hackathons. This would help us to exploit and explore the capabilities of Solace PubSub+.

Read more:

Comments

• shradhabhatia
    shradhabhatia Member Posts: 3

Thank you for the feature @hong
    This means a lot :)

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Welcome to our Solace Community, Shradha! Excited to have you in our community and exploring your EDA Journey. If you are interested in IoT there are alot of cool thought leadership initiatives and conferences surrounding IoT that is worth checking out https://iotpractitioner.com/ and https://iotslam.com/ which I think you might find interesting :)

Also, what books are you currently reading?!

• shradhabhatia
    shradhabhatia Member Posts: 3

Thank you for recommending IOT resources @Tamimi

Also, I am currently reading Autobiography of a Yogi.

• nram
    nram Member, Employee Posts: 80 Solace Employee
    edited October 2021 #5

Welcome to the community @shradhabhatia ! Your morning routine is quite envious and reads too good to be true :-)
    Good to see a practicing book lover here! Would love to hear your favorites. (William Dalrymple is my current favorite)