Difference between the Boomi Generic JMS Connector and Boomi Solace JMS Connector

sjaak
sjaak Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in PubSub+ Event Broker #1

Hi,
we're evaluating Solace in combination with Boomi. What are the differences between the Boomi Generic JMS Connector or the Boomi Solace JMS Connector?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• swenhelge
    swenhelge Member, Employee Posts: 77 Solace Employee

Hi,

It depends on the use case which connector is appropriate - I'll list the differences below and add a few comments ..
    Generic JMS Connector

• Mandates usage of JNDI – all destinations must be defined upfront in the Broker's JMS JNDI configuration
    • Dynamic Req/Reply cannot be used

Solace JMS Connector

• Does not use JNDI, Supports dynamic queue/topic creation
    • Only supports Direct QoS
    • Does not support transactions
    • Supports wild card subscriptions
      If your use case allows for upfront definition of destinations and requires persistent, transactional messaging the Generic JMS Connector is the right choice.
      If you use fine grained topics you would most likely want to create destinations on the fly and also configure subscribers with wild card topic subscriptions - hence you would use the Solace branded connector

Finally - you can also use the HTTP/REST and MQTT connectors in Boomi to connect to Solace. For example - the HTTP protocol may be appropriate if you need to connect across firewalls/network zones. Solace also supports publishing messages to REST services exposed by Boomi using REST Delivery Points (RDP).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭

@swenhelge is this something you could assist with?

• swenhelge
    swenhelge Member, Employee Posts: 77 Solace Employee
    edited January 2020 #8

Hope this helps, sjaak

• sjaak
    edited January 2020 #9

Hi Sven,
    Sorry for my late reply but I recently joined this community. It appears that I haven't received email notifications of your replies.

Looking at it, the way we want to work with Boomi and Solace is support for dynamic queue/topic creation. The reason is simple: that is exactly what Boomi does already when you use the Boomi MQ solution. So that is why I tested the branded Solace connector. Thanks! :smile:

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjaak Did your question get answered? If yes, please accept the answer by clicking "Yes" in the line above "Did this answer the question?". Thanks!

• sjaak

hi @hong, done :smile:

• Wade
    Wade Member, Employee Posts: 1 Solace Employee

I want to add that we have a released a new Solace Boomi connector that is JCSMP based.
    This JCSMP connector will be the preferred connector going forward.
    The benefits of the new Solace JCSMP based connector are:
    Will be extended by Solace over time.
    Support interop with Event Portal.
    We expect better performance from it.