AWS S3 integration using Amazon Signature V4

yangsen
yangsen Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

The latest PubSub+ version 9.13.0.16 added support for Amazon Signature V4, now we can integrate with AWS services without using API Gateway. But I could not find any document or guide on the configuration, so I did a test to integrate with S3 and it works. I have captured the steps and screenshots into a file for your reference.

Tagged:

Comments

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Wow this is awesome! Thank you very much @yangsen and glad it worked for you :)

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin

Thank you this is awesome!

• rtomkins
    rtomkins Member, Employee Posts: 23 Solace Employee

In Release 10.1.0, we have a new click to connect wizard to make this even faster! Check it out on Solace connector hub at: https://solace.com/resources/videos/pubsub-click-to-connect-for-amazon-s3

• yangsen
    yangsen Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

Good improvement!!👍️

• Stu Shepherd
    Stu Shepherd Member Posts: 6

Hi all, Maybe @rtomkins in particular :)

Thought would tag onto this thread as asking about Solace -> S3 connection properties...

It works perfectly for a string data set, but fails to populate data if we send a dictionary...

Any idea what settings we need to change/adapt to be able to send dictionary/json data to s3 ?

Did wonder about headers, such as ContentType = application/json etc but this made no difference.

Thank you