Solace PubSub Standard docker image for M1 Mac

Can I please know if you are planning to release ARM docker image for Solace PubSub standard in the near future? 

New engineers in our team uses M1 Mac but they can’t setup Solace locally in their docker as the current images do not work on M1 Mac and they are blocked at the moment due to this issue.

Cheers,

Smith

Best Answer

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @Smith Thapa,

We are definitely planning on it! I see it as a high priority item for developers :)

The level of effort is currently being investigated now by our R&D team and we'll be sure to share an expected release date once it's available.

Answers

• marc
    #3 Answer ✓

Hi @Smith Thapa,

We are definitely planning on it! I see it as a high priority item for developers :)

The level of effort is currently being investigated now by our R&D team and we'll be sure to share an expected release date once it's available.

• pvijayakrishna
    pvijayakrishna Member Posts: 2

Thanks @marc. We are counting on you mate :D

We use solace-pubsub-standard for a couple of use cases:

• run docker-compose on dev laptops to start the microservice stack for component level testing.
    • run integration tests for solace interaction using testcontainers.

Both these need a cleaner solace instance with test specific setups. Being able to run solace-pubsub-standard images on developer MacBooks on M1 is very important for our developer experience.

Appreciate if this can be prioritised. We also raised a support ticket (#63686).

• akg17
    akg17 Member Posts: 76

@marc Any Info On this ?

we are waiting for the image, some of my colleagues using M1 chip, later may be everyone so any update on the release let us know please.

• marc

Update - we don't have exact release date, but I saw a long term roadmap today and the target timeframes are as follows:

• Broker on M1 is expected to be available in Q4 of this calendar year (Oct-Dec 2022)
    • CCSMP on M1 is expected to be available in Q3 of this calendar year (Jul-Sept 2022)
  • PatrickM
    PatrickM Member Posts: 2

Hey Marc,

is this timeline still correct? i.e. can we expect the CCSMP on M1 release during the next month?

I would really dislike implementing some workarounds for local development on my M1 machine if this issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you for your help :)

• marc

Hi @PatrickM,

I'm checking with the team. I know the Broker is on schedule. News coming on that real soon ;), but I need to get an update on CCSMP.

• marc

Hi @PatrickM and others on this thread, I have a few updates:

Updates:

• [Previous update]Broker on M1 is expected to be available in Q4 of this calendar year (Oct-Dec 2022) [Current as of Sept 2] Good news! This is moving along well. I'm hoping to have an EA version by the end of Sept that I can have folks try out that are interested :)
    • [Previous update]CCSMP on M1 is expected to be available in Q3 of this calendar year (Jul-Sept 2022) [Current as of Sept 2] Unfortunately this is looking more like GA in the December 2022 time frame, however when I can get an EA version I'll be sure to ping folks that want to try it.

• ashish2022
    ashish2022 Member Posts: 2

@marc How can we get access to EA version? Is it available now?

• siavashsoleymani
    siavashsoleymani Member Posts: 10

Hello, @marc are there any cool updates on this?😎

• marc

Hi @ashish2022 & @siavashsoleymani and everyone else on this thread. Good news! We will have an EA for you all to try coming in October. We will be sure to tag everyone in this thread when it's available :)

• siavashsoleymani
    siavashsoleymani Member Posts: 10

YES! looking forward to it 😎 personally for IT tests I have to connect it to the real one and change props each time and it is tough 😥

• karunsingla
    karunsingla Member Posts: 1

I am eagerly waiting for this. I am unable to run my local environment because of this.

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI. The PubSub+ support for MAC M1 early access is now available to community members. See details and download links at https://solace.community/discussion/1529/pubsub-support-for-mac-m1-early-release-now-available

• ashish2022
    ashish2022 Member Posts: 2

Nice work team, thank you. Finally able run tasks locally using solace on M1 now 👍️