Possible to export message payload in queue level

Muddam_Pullaiah
Muddam_Pullaiah Member Posts: 20
edited February 2022 in General Discussions #1

Hi team,
I have one query, recently we are facing issue client disconnected in one queue and message are spooled in queue around 1 lak. Is there any possibility to export the message payload, if yes please let me know the procress.

Answers

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee

@Muddam_Pullaiah do you want to non-destructively view ("Peek") the messages? if so, you can use a queue browser. Sdkperf can do this; use -qb to enable queue browsing, and -md to view the message.

• Muddam_Pullaiah

Hi TomF,
    let say for example my queue is piledup around 20000 message are spooled, I need all the 20000 messages spooled payload. If yes please share me sample command.

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee

Looks like sdkperf is your friend. Try

Sdkperf -cip -cu <username@vpn> -cp -sql -qb -md.

If you have 20k messages you might want to redirect the output to a file.

• Naga
    Naga Member Posts: 58

Sample command to browse all the messages from a queue and write it to file:
    sdkperf_jms.bat -cip smfs://:55443 -cu <client-username@VPN -cp -jcf -jndi -sql -qb -md >> 03122020_Latest.txt

• Muddam_Pullaiah

Thanks for update all.

• AllenW
    AllenW Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Thanks Naga, found that command you shared very useful. Just have one question, is there any way to limit viewing the message payload to a single or few messages based of timecode or message ID?

Some DMQs I'd like to look at have huge amounts of messages (200k+) and I want to the view the latest messages which have entered the DMQ and share the payload so we can see why exactly they are entering the DMQ. I can get the message IDs and timecode from the Solace UI - but is there a way to use these to filter the SDKPerf commad?