How to use SDKPerf tool for connecting to VPN using certificate authentication

Ankur lodhi
Ankur lodhi Member Posts: 9

I have created a Message VPN, on which I have enabled certificate authentication. now I want to test the configuration using SDKperf tool, does anyone know how to do that.

Comments

• mstobo
    mstobo Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

For sdkperf_java, the command line would look like this. I'm assuming your keystore is already set up.

./sdkperf_java.sh -cip=tcps://<your host> -cu=@<your vpn> -ptl=<your/topic> -mn=1000 -msa 100 -mr 1  -stl=<your/topic> -md -sslks=<your keystore> -sslksp=<your keystore password>

• Ankur lodhi

I haven't setup a keystore yet, but would like to confirm if it needs to be openssl type.

• Ankur lodhi

i am getting bash: ./sdkperf_jms.sh: Permission denied when trying to execute this command.

• mstobo
    mstobo Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

A couple questions? You chose the JMS version of sdkperf, is that what you plan to use and are you going to use JNDI?

For the permission to run the script, what is your output when you run, "ls -l sdkperf_jms.sh"? Do you have execute permissions?

If not, run "chmod u+x sdkperf_jms.sh". You may need to sudo it depending on your user permissions.

After that run "./sdkperf_jms.sh -hm" to make sure things are running correct. The -hm is our help command for sdkperf.

You can see some example commands for sdkperf here, https://docs.solace.com/API/SDKPerf/Example-Commands.htm