SolaceSystems.Solclient.Messaging is not working in MAC M1

Husain
Husain Member Posts: 3
edited November 2022 in General Discussions #1

SolaceSystems.Solclient.Messaging dll is unrecognizable in mac M1 , what can be done ?

when arm support will be added to DOTNET dlls......... ?

All our development activities are paused in all applications due to it , can we make a quick fix ?

Comments

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
  • shwetamazumder
    shwetamazumder Member, Employee Posts: 4 Solace Employee

Hello Husain, It is unfortunate that your development activities are getting hampered. We are working on the availability of .Net api on Mac M1 and it is expected to release by March 2023.

• Husain

Thank you @shwetamazumder , the release will be like 3-4 months from now , considering many applications and teams are impacted can you please prioritize it more ?

Just imagine you have created a library in which you used Solace( apart from 100s of more functionality in library) , and this library is used by numerous Apps and all of them are blocked on Mac M1s .....

• shwetamazumder

Hi Husain,

Your frustration is valid. While we have prioritized our api work for Mac M1, unfortunately the earliest I expect the .Net Api Release for M1 is around March.

I will keep you posted if anything changes.

• farzadghr
    farzadghr Member Posts: 9

Thanks @shwetamazumder, does the Api also support Go?

If not, please let me know what your plan is for the Go Api to support the M series.

• farzadghr
    edited March 2023 #7

Hi @shwetamazumder,

By any chances, did you got a time to check the question?

Please give an update about the plan for supporting M series.

Thanks,

• EliyahuM5081
    EliyahuM5081 Member Posts: 3

Hi,

Can you update whether a new version of SolaceSystems.Solclient.Messaging was released that supports Mac-M1 (arm).

It seems that version 10.19.0.0 still does not support arm architecture.

Thanks.

• farzadghr

Hi @EliyahuM5081 ,

I updated my Golang project with the new version of go-solace lib (v1.0.3) and it works fine on Apple-M1.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks.

• Husain

@shwetamazumder : Still .net library for M1 is not available , it is really slow and frustrating to wait for 6 months and still have no updates ... 😕 (arm support)

• EliyahuM5081

Hi @farzadghr ,

Thanks for checking the Golang, however, I need the .net library for M1, and I understand this is still not available.

• EliyahuM5081

Do you have an estimation of when there will be arm support for the .net library?

I'll need to prepare a workaround, and this estimation will help me decide how much effort to spend on the workaround.

Thanks.

• shwetamazumder

@Husain , Unfortunately I do not have a better answer at the moment. I am also tagging @murat , he is back and has now been leading out API planning.

@murat will keep you posted.

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 508 admin

Hi team... I just checked internally and last update I saw in Slack (so "public" within the company) for C# API on ARM is tentatively for June. Dunno if there's a more up-to-date release date yet..?

• jrp
    jrp Member Posts: 1
    Hello, do you have any update on this?
    Version 10.21.0 was released on July 14 and it doesn't seem to have support for arm64 on macOS.
    I think ARM support is more important on the client API side than on the server broker, which had support for arm for a while now, and M1 computers have been out for 3 years.
    Not having support for arm on the client side makes development on M1 computers really cumbersome, since it makes it impossible or very difficult to debug through the Rosetta emulation.

Thanks for your support on this.
  • shaunvdberg
    shaunvdberg Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Any update here?

I am running into a similar issue on Mac M2. I get the following:

Could not load file or assembly 'SolaceSystems.Solclient.Messaging, Version=10.21.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e191a36e57c23464'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Not sure if this is related?

Regards
    Shaun

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Hi @shaunvdberg and @jrp,

It is currently under development and we are expecting a release of the C# API supporting Mac M chips to happen in December.

Hope that helps!

• murat
    murat Member, Employee Posts: 20 Solace Employee

Hi @shaunvdberg @EliyahuM5081 @jrp , just wanted to update everyone that was interested that as of the latest release of our .NET API (v. 10.23.0) it now has support for Mac M-series processors.

Announcement can be found here:

Cheers,

MV