Showing All VPN Services in AMQP In General TBP

Muddam_Pullaiah
Muddam_Pullaiah Member Posts: 20
edited February 2022 in General Discussions #1

Hi All,
We are using solace hardware Appliance and we are around 30 + VPNs, when I check all vpn and ports numbers up and running, but in all VPN service is showing in AMQP in general Tap in SolAdmin, my thinking is showing data is wrong? Because we are using Amqp and Soljams but in general Tab showing only all VPN is AMQP service.

Comments

• ChristianHoltfurth
    ChristianHoltfurth Member, Employee Posts: 68 Solace Employee

Hi @Muddam_Pullaiah , I'm not sure what you are asking. Could you please try to rephrase your question?
    Do you have a question about how AMQP services are enabled on a VPN vs system level?

• Muddam_Pullaiah
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi christine, when I check in Soladmin in General tab it showing all VPN's and VPN Port numbers and services. In the service coloum it showing all VPNs in AMQP Protocol, but in my environment we are using AMQP and SolJma both protocol.

• ChristianHoltfurth
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi @Muddam_Pullaiah , OK I believe you are asking about why SolAdmin lists all your message VPNs that have AMQP enabled in the general tab under services with the respective AMQP port that is assigned while it is not listing your message VPNs and the corresponding SMF (Solace Message Format/Protocol), correct?

The reason for that is that SMF is always enabled for a message VPN (unless the message VPN as a whole is shutdown), and it is always on the same ports (55555 for plain, 55443 for TLS encrypted and so on). SMF is the native protocol for Solace brokers and required for the brokers/message VPNs to function.

AMQP on the other hand is a protocol that can be turned on and off on a system as well as a message VPN level.

Therefore showing for which message VPNs it is enabled makes sense in the general tab of SolAdmin.
    Does this answer your question?

• Muddam_Pullaiah

Ok, but we are using some of the VPN SolJms and some of the VPNS AMQP, BUT in service coloum it is showing all are AMQP??

• ChristianHoltfurth

It should only list the ones for which AMQP is enabled. My best guess is that you have AMQP enabled for all of those VPNs, even if you aren't using it?
    Take a look at the following documentation, if you require further details on how to configure AMQP on a message VPN level: https://docs.solace.com/Configuring-and-Managing/AMQP-Tasks/AMQP-on-VPN-Management.htm#top

• Muddam_Pullaiah

Ok thanks christian, for clarifying my doubt.