downgrade of software brokers?

kiakia
kiakia Member Posts: 6

Hi Experts,

I have a quick quesiton.
Is it possible to "downgrade" software brokers?
I found procedures for "appliance" but not "software".

Many thanks in advance,
Kia

Best Answers

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @kiakia, there's a difference between what's** possible **and what's **supported ** :)

The downgrade procedures do also state:

Downgrading software versions is only supported on appliances.

However, that doesn't mean you can't. Something you could consider is standing up a new broker running the old SolOS, running the
    show current-config -all
    command and importing that as a script to your "new old" (if you see what I mean) broker. There may be some incompatiblities, but nothing a little massaging won't resolve.

An alternative to the CLI command, there is code somewhere there will recursively call SEMP v2 until the config is retrieved, but irritatingly I can't find it right now...

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3 Answer ✓

@kiakia Can you accept Tom's answer by clicking Yes if it answers your question?

Answers

• kiakia
    kiakia Member Posts: 6

"solacectl upgrade" command could work with an older version tarball?? :/

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi @kiakia, there's a difference between what's** possible **and what's **supported ** :)

The downgrade procedures do also state:

Downgrading software versions is only supported on appliances.

However, that doesn't mean you can't. Something you could consider is standing up a new broker running the old SolOS, running the
    show current-config -all
    command and importing that as a script to your "new old" (if you see what I mean) broker. There may be some incompatiblities, but nothing a little massaging won't resolve.

An alternative to the CLI command, there is code somewhere there will recursively call SEMP v2 until the config is retrieved, but irritatingly I can't find it right now...

• hong
    hong Guest Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6 Answer ✓

@kiakia Can you accept Tom's answer by clicking Yes if it answers your question?