Connectors option not available

ProsenjitDas
ProsenjitDas Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in PubSub+ Event Portal #1

@marc

Just wanted check why connectors option (like AWS, Azure etc) is not available under SOLACE Pub Sub + Event Broker Cloud as a service version (Free) ? Is it only for paid version ? Can I get those connectors if I install docker /windows version of it ?

Best Answers

• swenhelge
    swenhelge Member, Employee Posts: 77 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi

your trial account also supports the 9.10 version - however when you created the service the version defaulted to 9.6.

The easiest option is to delete the service and recreate it with the 9.10 version selected.

You may be able to request a broker update - try the "Chat with us" option in Solace cloud for that.

See a screenshot below of where to select the broker version:

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
    #3 Answer ✓

@ProsenjitDas you can also check out this video from a live coding session we hosted mainly talking about event-enabling your serverless architecture. On minute 24:40 that's when we mention when this new connector functionality was introduced.
    https://youtu.be/aiFEjLWVikc?t=1484

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Hi @ProsenjitDas,

The cloud platform provides the same Event Broker software as a service. There are some restrictions, but I don't believe this is one of them. Can you check your Event Broker version in the cloud and let me know what it is?

Also when you go into the PubSub+ Broker Manager (top right of screen once you choose your messaging service) and click the Connectors menu option do you have anything available?

• ProsenjitDas

@marc
    FYI, I am referring SOLACE 60 days trial version from Solace Cloud. Attached screenshot of Message VPN summary page but I am not able to find any Connector option under left side of the windows screen. VMR 9.6.0.57. Can you please cross check once ?

• tejaschowsalkar
    tejaschowsalkar Member Posts: 13

Connectors option is available on version 9.10 & above

• ProsenjitDas

@tejaschowsalkar
    Thanks for your reply but How Can I get 9.10 version while I have 9.6.0 in SOLACE SaaS 60 days trial one ? Is there any upgrade possible ?

• swenhelge
    swenhelge Member, Employee Posts: 77 Solace Employee
    #8 Answer ✓

Hi

your trial account also supports the 9.10 version - however when you created the service the version defaulted to 9.6.

The easiest option is to delete the service and recreate it with the 9.10 version selected.

You may be able to request a broker update - try the "Chat with us" option in Solace cloud for that.

See a screenshot below of where to select the broker version:

• ProsenjitDas

@swenhelge
    Now I correlate. Thanks for sharing the info.

• Tamimi
    #10 Answer ✓

@ProsenjitDas you can also check out this video from a live coding session we hosted mainly talking about event-enabling your serverless architecture. On minute 24:40 that's when we mention when this new connector functionality was introduced.
    https://youtu.be/aiFEjLWVikc?t=1484

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin

Thanks @swenhelge and @tejaschowsalkar for jumping in. Community at it's finest :)
    Hope you got the issue resolved @ProsenjitDas!

• ProsenjitDas

Hi @swenhelge and @tejaschowsalkar

Can you please also suggest how Will I configure Google Pub/Sub Subscriber & Consumer from Solace Connector option ? Currently I am seeing only Google function available under solace cloud free license.

• Tamimi

hey @ProsenjitDas, the connector tab in the broker is a wizard that helps with setting up the remote rest delivery point (RDP) for REST connections. You see Google functions in there since they are triggered via a REST calls and you can event-enable your serverless architecture via RDP configuration.

The Google Pub/Sub Subscriber connector is part of StreamSets Data Collector, check it out in our connectors marketplace here

https://solace.com/connectors/google-pub-sub-subscriber/