How to get the number of current consumers using SEMP V2

Options
sjaak
sjaak Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭

Hi,
We're trying to find out how to retrieve the current number of queue consumers (TCP sessions) using the SEMP V2 API. The response of "GET SEMP/v2/monitor/msgVpns/{msgVpnName}/queues/{queueName}" does not contain this.

Thank you :smile:

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• swenhelge
    swenhelge Member, Employee Posts: 77 Solace Employee
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sjaak -
    The number of consumers and details about the conumsers can be obtained via the txFlows sub resource of the Queue API.

"GET /msgVpns/{msgVpnName}/queues/{queueName}/txFlows"
    (https://docs.solace.com/API-Developer-Online-Ref-Documentation/swagger-ui/monitor/index.html#/queue/getMsgVpnQueueTxFlows)

The return value is an array with one entry per consumer flow, i.e. the length of the array is equal to the number of consumers (Queue Transmit Flows are used by clients to consume Guaranteed messages from a Queue).

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

I just quickly looked through the monitor and config sections of the SEMPv2 API, and am surprised that just regular (current) "bind count" doesn't seem to be in there. I don't think you should have to get an array of flow objects to just get the count, especially since it's there in SEMPv1.

• sjaak
    Options

Thanks for the updates @swenhelge and @Aaron. We have look!

• sjaak
    Options

@Huib Nieuwenhuijsen Check out this thread.

• sjaak
    Options

@Aaron The element is called "count" in the TxFlows response. Works :smile:

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

Sure, but I still disagree with having to get all the Tx Flows just to get the count. Perhaps that's just the old-schooler SEMPv1'er in me talking.

• sjaak
    Options

I agree. This can be simplified :smile: