Resubmission of Events
I just wanted to understand how others handle the resend requirement with solace.
Following Use Cases where you need to resend some events:
Initial Load (multi instance system and new system requires some data)
=> send all data from object store to new instance (do not impact others)
Resend some events for certain period of time
=> send time filtered events to one specific subscriber
Here my thoughts:
- Re-uses the existing filters each subscriber defined to filter into the customer queue
- Clone on CI/CD which creates Queue and Subsription to clone each topic by replacing "ALL" (2nd position) with subscriber system name in this case SYS1
- Confusing why on pub sub the target (which normally should not be known) should
be part of the topic name.
- Direct push to subscriber queue (as resend is intended just to 1 subscriber) as no impact to others should exists
- Loosing the subscription filters between queue and topic
Workaround: Read out the filters set and apply these topics to filter out the
matching topics from event store.