Prometheus vs Grafana Agent for Grafana dashboard
Grafana is getting popular and many users prefer this for new monitoring solution. I am planning to create a Grafana dashboard for Solace monitoring but confused hot to feed the metrics from solace. Based on my initial review
Option 1: Use Prometheus exporter tool to feed metrics into Prometheus data source and integrate with Grafana.
Pro's & Con's:
- The exporter tool needs to run on different machine with docker image.
- Based on the Github project this tool need more development to get all metrics like SolGeneos.
- There is a possibility of delay to fetch metrics because the exporter on a different machine. Market data metrics need to be captured every second.
Option 2: Install Grafana agent on Solace hardware appliance to pull metrics with API plugin.
Pro's & Cons:
- Agent need to be installed on the solace hardware which is not recommended by Solace.
- Need to write SEMP API plugin to run with agent and get all metrics. I don't see any document or implementation with this agent for solace.
- Agent and API runs on the solace appliance to get all metrics locally. I think it may be faster to get data metrics every seconds (similar to solgeneos plugin)
Can you please guide us to implement the best solution?