.NET solace API (data network) to get solace timestamp

Options
sysem
sysem Member Posts: 15

As title, is there any API for me to get current timestamp from solace ??

Answers

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    Options

@sysem Do you mean the timestamp the message was sent or received, or the current system time the broker sees?

The APIs can be told to insert send and receive timestamps through the session properties GenerateReceiveTimestamps and GenerateSendTimestamps.

• sysem
    Options

@TomF

Yes. I mean if there is an API for me to get the current timestamp from Solace Broker without sending any messages out.

• TomF
    Options

Not from the messaging API @sysem (at least, as far as I know). The management API is called SEMP, but I don't recall seeing a call that returns the broker time - you'd have to dig around the SEMP API Reference to see if there's a timestamp returned with a call. The only way I did manage to get the broker to report the time was to start a shell on the container (e.g. docker exec -it solace bash).

• sysem
    Options

yes

i know i can get it from management API..

but my application cannot only access the data network and use the messaging API..

the only way i can think of is to send a message to a topic and subscribe it itself .. and check the sender timestamp.. / receive timestamp...

• TomF
    Options

I don't have any better suggestions, I'm afraid.