Show max num subscriptions exceeded error when running direct receiver script - Python

Options
BrianChan
BrianChan Member Posts: 18

Hi all,

Currently I am working on the direct message PubSub.

In the beginning, the script works very well without any error.

However, after executing the script several times without making any changes, errors pop out and say the maximum numbers of subscriptions exceeded and unable to unsubscribe the topic.

May I ask is there anyone know what is the reason for this issue and how to prevent it in the future. Many Thanks!

Answers

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

That's weird. Thanks for flagging that, we'll try to reproduce internally.

If you have management access to the broker, could you provide a screenshot or something showing the current number of subscriptions for both the client in question, as well as the Message VPN that you're connecting to?

• BrianChan
    Options

Hi @Aaron thank you for your respond.

Here are the details captured from the Message VPN. However, could you please tell be how to get the current number of subscriptions? Thanks.

• Aaron
    Options

The current number of subscriptions for your VPN is at the bottom of your 3rd picture, the "details" one. "Total Unique Subscriptions", which is 8. That's definitely not maxed out. Are you experiencing this issue right now?

For the individual client's stats, Click on "Clients", "Solace Clients", and it should show you a summary of all your clients including each one's subscription count:

• BrianChan
    Options

Hi @Aaron. Here are some screenshot about individual client's stats. However, I didn't found any information related to my topic which is 'horse_race_frame' created for my direct message PubSub exercise.

May I ask is there any way to check that? Thanks a lot.

• Aaron
    Options

It should be there, if it was successfully added. Note that Direct messaging topic subscriptions only last as long as the client is connected. Topics are not configured objects in Solace... they are just metadata sent along with the messages.

Just double-checking something... are you using the default client-username for your default VPN? By default, there's a toggle inside the Client Profile (located under "Access Control" to allow for shared subscriptions (which you appear to be using), that needs to be toggled. I'm assuming it is.

I think we're going to need either some code or more detailed steps on how to reproduce. The broker (and client) doesn't look like it's anywhere near it's maximum number of subscriptions.

BTW... your topic... I'd suggest using a level-separator of / to make use of Solace topic hierarchies. So: horse/race/frame ... that way you can subscribe to horse/> to receive all horse messages... or horse/race/> to receive all horse racing messages.

• BrianChan
    Options

Hi @Aaron, here is my code. Please feel free to have a look at it.

Besides, the "add shared subscriptions" is turned on and I am using default VPN, everything should be by default.

Thank you for your time. Let me know if you need any further information.

• Aaron
    Options

I'm not a Python guy. Hopefully @Tamimi can help out?

To be clear: this happens after running multiple instances of this script at the same time? Or one after the other multiple times?

• BrianChan
    Options

Hi @Aaron, is one after the other multiple times.

• Aaron
    Options

Have reproduced, and we are investigating.

• BrianChan
    Options

Thanks @aaron for the support. Looking forward to hearing your team's reply.

• Aaron
    Options

I'm still waiting on R&D to get back to me on this, I've been chasing. The guy that my ticket was assigned to was away a bit over the Easter long weekend. Stay tuned, I'll keep you updated.

• BrianChan
    Options

No problem. Thanks @Aaron.

• Laura
    Laura Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi guys,

I did hit the same problem trying to add the topic from the solace portal itself. Is any update about this issue?

Thanks