Increase Message VPN limit

jahwag
jahwag Member Posts: 5

I am running docker for Mac as described here https://docs.solace.com/Solace-SW-Broker-Set-Up/Docker-Containers/Set-Up-Docker-Container-macOS.htm

Container starts OK. But will not allow me to create more than 3 VPN - it responds "Message VPN limit reached". I cannot find any relevant documentation covering this configuration option. How do I increase the maximum number of VPN? My use case requires 4 VPN.

My docker-compose.yml:

solace:
  image: solace/solace-pubsub-standard:9.4.0.85
  shm_size: 4g
  ulimits:
    core: 1
    nofile:
      soft: 418332
      hard: 418332
  environment:
    - username_admin_globalaccesslevel=admin
    - username_admin_password=admin
    - system_scaling_maxconnectioncount=1000
  ports:
    - "8080:8080"
    - "55551:55555"

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Best Answer

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 121 Solace Employee
    edited April 2022 #2 Answer ✓

Just to be very clear here: You use Enterprise Version 9.12.1.17 and you can only create 3 message-vpns ?

Please do in cli:

show version
    show message-vpn *

and copy the output here.

Uli

Answers

• uherbst

Hi @jahwag,

you're using the standard edition, and the standard edition has a low message vpn limit - as documented here:

If you need 4 message vpns you can either use multiple standard editions or use the enterprise edition (where a license is required).

BTW: In your docker compose file, version 9.4 is used.... You should change this to 9.13. (but this wont change anything on the number of message vpns you can use).

Uli

• jahwag

@uherbst

Thank you for clearing that up!

Mixed up editions. Earlier we used Enterprise 8.5.0.1008. I have located a more recent version, Solace PubSub+ Enterprise Version 9.12.1.17. However with it I am still receiving the error message "Message VPN limit reached.".

• uherbst
    edited April 2022 #5 Answer ✓

Just to be very clear here: You use Enterprise Version 9.12.1.17 and you can only create 3 message-vpns ?

Please do in cli:

show version
    show message-vpn *

and copy the output here.

Uli

• jahwag

I think it was cached layers causing some issue. It cleared up now. Thanks!