Timeout when using Docker on Arch Linux

Options
Taka
Taka Member Posts: 2

Hello Solace community,

I have a small problem when trying to run Solace PubSub+ on my docker instance. I already launched an instance on another computer with the same OS (probably not the same installed packages I can imagine) and it was working like a charm, but when I tried on this computer I just wasn't able to make it work.

The container is launched, I can access the WebUI but the api fails to login and throws a timeout and the cli just doesn't print anything.

For the Web UI:

For the cli:

Here is the command I used:

`sudo docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -p 55555:55555 --shm-size=1g --env username_admin_globalaccesslevel=admin --env username_admin_password=admin --name=solace --mount type=bind,source=/mnt/solace,destination=/var/lib/solace,ro=false solace/solace-pubsub-standard`

as specified by the documentation. When I look in the uwsgi.log, it seems the GET /SEMP/v2/__private_monitor__/about/api just crashes:

`uwsgi - uwsgi_response_writev_headers_and_body_do(): Broken pipe [core/writer.c line 306] during GET /SEMP/v2/__private_monitor__/about/api (172.17.0.1)`

I linked you the uwsgi.log file, if you need any other file or information do not hesitate.

At first glance, when trying to search for help on this forum, I thought this was related to cgroups v2, but I'm running the latest version of manjaro, and when trying to run an old version of Solace, like the 8.X, I have the cgroups v1 error. I guess it's linked to somekind of missing dependency ? The other PC on which I managed to run the container was also a manjaro.

Here are my versions:

uname: `Linux paul-manjaro 5.15.32-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 28 09:16:36 UTC 2022 x86_64 GNU/Linux`

docker: `Docker version 20.10.14, build a224086349`

Thank you for your precious help.

Have a nice day !

Tagged:

Answers

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 121 Solace Employee
    Options

Hi @Taka,

Try

docker exec -it solace bash

To get a shell inside the container and there:

cd /usr/sw/jail/logs
    less event.log

Please check event.log for any errors.

Uli

• Taka
    Taka Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello @uherbst

Thanks for your quick reply, I don't see any error in the event.log, I join the file to this message.

By the way, it seems the container exists itself with error code 2 after 2-3 minutes.

The debug.log seems to expose some interesting errors about the System Watchdog.

Thanks

Paul