SSL connection problem

loooool
loooool Member Posts: 3

Hello again,

I used the scuresession.js file of nodejs toturious. And I created a Private Certificate Authority using this command:

openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout MyRootCaKey.pem -x509 -days 365 -out MyRootCaCert.pem

Then I created a certificate using blew command:

openssl genrsa -out client1.pem 2048
openssl req -new -key client1.pem -out MyClient1.csr
openssl x509 -req -in MyClient1.csr -CA MyRootCaCert.pem -CAkey MyRootCaKey.pem -CAcreateserial

Knowing that at that time, I created a total of 4 files :

Then I merged client1.pem and clientCert1.pem and uploaded it. And the port1443 is also not abnormal:

Next, I pointed to these files in scuresession.js file.

But when I connect to port1443, it still doesn't work.

Is there any error in my operation?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee

What are you trying to accomplish in Node? In a prior post, you asked about SSL/TLS connection from the NodeJS client to the PubSub+ broker. For that, I thought you had it pretty much configured on the broker side and only needed to point to the public cert with the sslTrustStores property.

But the above code looks like you are trying to do client certificate authentication, which is an entirely different thing. TLS between the client and server is about encryption of the traffic to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. Client cert authentication is about authenticating the client via cert so that they are trusted and authorized to use resources assigned to their client usernames.

Can you clarify your goals?