Subscribing with #noexport fails to receive messages

Options

Per the Solace docs, if I prefix my topic with "#noexport," I should be able to subscribe to the topic, but the subscription will not be advertised to adjacent nodes by MNR or DMR.

But I'm having trouble getting that to work. In the below example, everything takes places on the same broker. Here is my publisher:

2022-10-20 13:36:38 INFO c.c.p.msg.solace.SolacePublisher: Started publisher on topic <_/1/ps/msg/sandbox/ch12/my/test> sow <false>

I can successfully subscribe to those messages if I use a matching topic string:

2022-10-20 13:42:03 INFO c.c.p.msg.solace.SolaceSubscriber: Started subscriber on topic <_/1/ps/msg/sandbox/ch12/my/test> sow <false> mode <GUARANTEED>

But if I prefix it with "#noexport," I see nothing:

2022-10-20 13:38:44 INFO c.c.p.msg.solace.SolaceSubscriber: Started subscriber on topic <#noexport/1/ps/msg/sandbox/ch12/my/test> sow <false> mode <GUARANTEED>

Answers

• alanbuttars
    alanbuttars Member Posts: 2
    Options

Whoops! This was a misunderstanding on my part. I replaced the "_" placeholder in my topic string, but I should not have. This works:

2022-10-20 14:11:48 INFO c.c.p.msg.solace.SolaceSubscriber: Started subscriber on topic <#noexport/_/1/ps/msg/sandbox/ch12/my/test> sow <false> mode <GUARANTEED>

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 920 admin
    Options

Thanks for sharing @alanbuttars. Glad you figured it out and I'm sure someone else will have the same issue in the future and find this :)