JCSMP Ack mode

Options
slsbel
slsbel Member Posts: 13
edited November 2022 in General Discussions #1

Hello.

I'm creating a Jcsmp session based on this tutorial: solace-samples-java-jcsmp/QueueConsumer.java at master · SolaceSamples/solace-samples-java-jcsmp · GitHub.

even if I'm setting the flow_prop.setAckMode(JCSMPProperties.SUPPORTED_MESSAGE_ACK_CLIENT);

and passing the flow_prop to the session as in the tutorial.

the generated message session ack mode is : messageAckMode ="auto_ack"

is anything missing in the configuration of the session?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• slsbel
    edited November 2022 #2
    Options

I think I know what is causing this issue!

The session is created based on SpringJCSMPFactory, and SolaceJavaAutoConfiguration Bean.

as follow:

solaceFactory = solaceJavaAutoConfiguration.getSpringJCSMPFactory();
    session = solaceFactory.createSession();

That is giving me access to the broker and the queue based on the Spring boot application properties

solace.java.clientPassword=password
    solace.java.clientUsername=username
    solace.java.host=tcps://mybroker:55443
    solace.java.msgVpn=default

How I can pass other properties to the session if it is created based on SpringBoot JCSMP Factory? since the SpringJCSMPFactory createSession() method doesn't accept JCSMPProperties as parameter?

• slsbel
    edited November 2022 #3
    Options

I was able to resolve this issue by getting the JCSMPProperties from the SolaceJavaAutoConfiguration Bean (to access the properties from the application.properties file) as follows:

JCSMPProperties jcsmpProperties = solaceJavaAutoConfiguration.getJCSMPProperties();

and setting the acknowledgment using the property setter:

jcsmpProperties.setProperty(JCSMPProperties.MESSAGE_ACK_MODE,JCSMPProperties.SUPPORTED_MESSAGE_ACK_CLIENT);

and finally, I'm creating the session using the JCSMPFactory instead of the SpringJCSMPFactory , and passing the properties.

session = JCSMPFactory.onlyInstance().createSession(jcsmpProperties);

I'm not sure if there is a way to achieve the same configuration using SpringJCSMPFactory?