show version vs solacectl version

jmutkawoa
jmutkawoa Member Posts: 2

Hello
Recently, I upgraded a solace pubsub+ standalone from version 9.3.1.5 - with solbase version 2.0.8.0 to version 9.5.0.30 - with solbase version 2.1.5.39
If i do a solacectl version it dont show the solbase version instead i see "UNKNOWN"
Otherwise, after logging on CLI, i do a show version, it shows the solbase version.
Reboot was done..
Anything I am doing wrong here?
Thanks

Answers

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee

Hi @jmutkawoa, I've just tried the same thing with a fresh install of 9.5.0.30. For the solacectl version command I got "VMM_SolBase-". Looks like somethings not quite right there. I'd say if "show version" gives you what you expect, you're ok. I'll do some investigation and get back to you.

• jmutkawoa
    jmutkawoa Member Posts: 2

Hi @TomF
    Maybe this could be helpful:
    1. Strace on OS not showing version
    2676 lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
    2677 read(3, "lBase-", 6) = 6**
    2678 fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFIFO|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
    2679 lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
    2. Strace on OS showing version
    2758 lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
    2759 read(3, "2.0.8.0", 7) = 7
    2760 fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFIFO|0600, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
    2761 lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
    3. Another difference spotted is that in the old version it can read the configparser, but not in the new one
    4. From old version:
    open("/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/configparser-3.5.0b2-py2.7-nspkg.pth", O_RDONLY) = 4
    5. From new version:
    I don't see it fetching the path from the configparser which is configparser-0.0.0-py2.7.egg-info

It looks to me that it could either be a configuration issue or a minor config package missing..

Thanks for taking care

• TomF

Thanks for the traces. We're investigating - our R&D team will look at it.

• TomF

It's a bug, which will be fixed in 9.6. You can use "show version" from the SolOS CLI.