Does Solace provide some kind of connector to read (subscribe) the (AMQP) messages from a ActiveMQ Artemis and publish them to Solace broker? And, subscribe message from solace message broker and publish to ActiveMQ Artemis?
Solace is actually building a JMS connector now which is expected to be released in late June or July which is built for exactly this use case. More info to come soon!
It will be a self-contained connector as defined in @amackenzie 's video here: https://solace.com/resources/videos/solace-feature-spotlight-solace-connectors-video
Thank you:) Do you have any temp solution for this problem ?
You could use something like Camel to do a JMS to JMS bridge. Here is an example app that I've seen someone set up to do it previously: https://github.com/richard-lawrence/Solace-Camel-JMS-Bridge
It looks like this is also what Active MQ recommends for bridging to other brokers: https://activemq.apache.org/jms-to-jms-bridge
Hope that helps!
Just curious, i have some questions
1) Solace and Apache Artemis both support amqp 1.0, why we need Apache camel or connector to bridge the solace and Apache Artemis? Can it be done by using solace bridge like static bridge?
2) In future, to bridge message between solace and Apache Artemis (both communicated via AMQP protocol), is the recommended way using JMS connector? What is difference between JMS and AMQP?
No worries, here are the answers to your questions from my perspective:
@amackenzie please feel free to correct me if I misstated anything here :)
@marc kind of... the JMS connector is JMS on the "other" broker side (Artemis in this case) but uses our native JCSMP Java API for the Solace side of the bridge.
@dreamoka on #1, Marc is correct. Our static (or dynamic) bridges use SMF as the protocol between brokers. AMQP 1.0 is supported via client connections, not directly to another broker. Thus the use case of having a connector in-between that understands both brokers, is required.
Thank you for clarifying @amackenzie !
1) can I add topic/queue address without restarting the Solace JMS Connector?
2) Is it one Solace JMS Connector per remote broker?
3) Does it supports HA?
Thank you @marc and @amackenzie
Hi @amackenzie and @marc
I used Apache Camel to do a "JMS to JMS bridge" via AMQP protocol. does it support JMS transaction? I am getting the following error:
failed: Transactions not supported [condition = amqp:not-implemented]
The Camel AMQP Component Configuration
Any update on the JMS connector ? Is it release?
Hi @dreamoka ,
The connector is now available. I will have it available on the download sites in a couple of days. If you are using the container image, it's already available in Docker Hub:
Do you have example on how to use the connector?
@dreamoka , when I get it up for download on the Connector Hub (today), there is a user guide and further instructions for using the container that you can read to configure and run the connector.
Here are those documents in the meantime.
Can I use the Solace JMS Connector without JNDI ? As i only have AMQP host, username and password information for the Apache Artemis Message Broker.
1) Connect Apache Artemis using JMS via AMQP Protocol - amqps://192.168.XXX.XXX:5671
2) Using amqp-10-jms-spring-boot-starter library - Can i use this library?