Solace PubSub+ Event Broker (Software & Appliance) new versions are released
The following Solace PubSub+ Platform products have been released and are available for download:
- Solace PubSub+ Event Broker: Software version 220.127.116.11
- Solace PubSub+ Event Broker: Appliance version 18.104.22.168
Please refer to the product release notes for information on new features, changed functionality, resolved issues, known issues and upgrade considerations.
Release Summary: Product Releases
• PubSub+ Event Brokers version 22.214.171.124: This release of PubSub+ Event Broker introduces the following features:
• DMR - support replication / DR: Enables the use of Dynamic Message Routing (DMR) to create a mesh of PubSub+ Event Brokers, while using Replication to backup guaranteed messages to a disaster recovery (DR) site.
• IPv6 support in SMF and Solace APIs: SMF clients can now connect via IPv6.
• IPv6 for AMQP Clients: AMQP clients can now connect via IPv6.
• IPv6 Support for MQTT Client and REST Producers and Consumers on the Software Broker: MQTT clients and REST producers and consumers can now connect using IPv6 on the PubSub+ Software Broker. This was previously only supported on the PubSub+ Appliance.
• SEMPv2 Method of Transfer for Write-only Configuration: A new SEMPv2 query parameter to enable the transfer of write-only configuration.
• SEMPv2: For use cases such as monitoring or dashboarding, introduces a new message count property for an easier and pollable way to get a list of queues or topic endpoints and their message count (see the SEMP-API for optimization recommendations) - as well as message count for the replay log. Please note: the redundant private attributes, currentSpooledMsgCount, for queues and topic endpoints, and MsgsLogged, for the replay log, will be deleted in our next release.
• Common port for all AMQP connections: A common port for all message VPNs may be configured for AMQP clients connecting over TLS. Also required is for the user to configure a virtual host mapping from the SNI field from the TLS handshake to the message VPN name.
• REST Delivery Points (RDP)
• RDP support for alternate HTTP method (POST vs PUT): REST Delivery Points will allow PUT as an alternative to POST as the HTTP method used for the outgoing REST request. Application developers can now leverage additional use cases in which the "PUT" HTTP method is preferred. Note: The HTTP method defined on the REST consumer will not be used in gateway mode
• Verification of hostnames for outgoing TLS on RDPs: For setting up outgoing RDP connections using TLS, support for server name validation using SNI is now available. Application developers can take advantage of SNI and SubjectAltName in TLS to verify the identity of the remote REST consumers Server name validation will be done with SubjectAltName instead of the outdated Trusted Common Names. This feature makes it easier and more reliable to configure secure TLS connections for RDPs.
• Manager: remove credentials from browser local storage: We have introduced a more secure way to locally manage credentials used to authenticate PubSub+ Manager with the broker.
- Access to the Solace PubSub+ Event Broker: Software Standard Edition is available to everyone through the Solace dev portal at https://solace.com/downloads/
- Access to the 90-day Solace PubSub+ Event Broker: Software Evaluation Edition is available to everyone through the Solace dev portal at https://solace.com/downloads/
- Access to the Solace PubSub+ Event Broker: Software Enterprise Edition is available to customers who have licensed the product.
Get the new versions now and share with the Community how you use them!