Is there a difference for Solace CLI Commands in PubSub+ Cloud / Software Event Broker / Appliance

Options
barisbt
barisbt Member Posts: 4

Is there a differences in terms of Solace CLI commands among PubSub+ Cloud / Software Event Broker / Appliance?
I cannot find some commands mentioned in the help pages when I connect to CLI in PubSub+ Cloud?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @barisbt..! So: the admin SEMP/CLI users you can access using Solace Cloud are restricted to their own VPNs… the broker-level / system-level commands available in the hardware appliance and software broker are not available to Solace Cloud users. Things like: networking, hardware, message spool configuration, etc.

For Solace Cloud, you can only do things / see things / edit things that are inside your own Message VPN. If you are in CLI, you can always hit [TAB] twice, to see what options are available to you at any level. For example:

solace1040> en
    solace1040# con
    solace1040(configure)#
    acl-profile bridge client-username distributed-cache
    jndi message-spool message-vpn username
    web-manager

Or, you can do show and then [TAB] [TAB]

solace1040(configure)# show
    acl-profile authentication bridge
    cache-cluster cache-instance client
    client-profile client-username clock
    config-sync current-config distributed-cache
    home-cache-cluster hostname jndi
    kerberos message-spool message-vpn
    paging queue queue-template
    replay-log replicated-topic sequenced-topic
    session smrp ssl
    telemetry topic-endpoint topic-endpoint-template
    transaction web-manager

There's also the tree command to see all options available.

There isn't any specific section in the docs about the differences between the two types of user accounts / access, but our docs team will address this based on your query.

Let us know if this helps, or what exactly you're trying to do!

Answers

• Aaron
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @barisbt..! So: the admin SEMP/CLI users you can access using Solace Cloud are restricted to their own VPNs… the broker-level / system-level commands available in the hardware appliance and software broker are not available to Solace Cloud users. Things like: networking, hardware, message spool configuration, etc.

For Solace Cloud, you can only do things / see things / edit things that are inside your own Message VPN. If you are in CLI, you can always hit [TAB] twice, to see what options are available to you at any level. For example:

solace1040> en
    solace1040# con
    solace1040(configure)#
    acl-profile bridge client-username distributed-cache
    jndi message-spool message-vpn username
    web-manager

Or, you can do show and then [TAB] [TAB]

solace1040(configure)# show
    acl-profile authentication bridge
    cache-cluster cache-instance client
    client-profile client-username clock
    config-sync current-config distributed-cache
    home-cache-cluster hostname jndi
    kerberos message-spool message-vpn
    paging queue queue-template
    replay-log replicated-topic sequenced-topic
    session smrp ssl
    telemetry topic-endpoint topic-endpoint-template
    transaction web-manager

There's also the tree command to see all options available.

There isn't any specific section in the docs about the differences between the two types of user accounts / access, but our docs team will address this based on your query.

Let us know if this helps, or what exactly you're trying to do!

• barisbt
    barisbt Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi @Aaron ,

That is what I thought and that really explained & helped thank you.

Things like showing the logs I think isn't available in the Solace cloud but the Solace Software Broker.

Can I ask what is the recommended way to get / see the logs in the Solace Cloud?

Thank you,

Baris

• Aaron
    Options

Wah, I never wrote back to this! Sorry. Best way to get broker logs out of Solace Cloud is to configure an external Syslog server. This can be found under the Management tab in Cloud Console, top-right Advanced Options.

I have a couple various Syslog config options to help with getting started with an external Syslog server. Check them out here: https://github.com/aaron-613/solace-logging-config