Reprocessing Messages

Options
Ali
Ali Member Posts: 3
edited September 2023 in General Discussions #1

I have a scenario similar to the one mentioned in this post

How can I get it to work in JCSMP with spring boot?

Tagged:

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 922 admin
    Options

Hi @Ali ,

If your consumer is using client acks you want to make sure you either ack or nack each message. This way if a message is nacked it can be redelivered, or sent to a dead message queue (if configured) and max-retries has been reached.

See the Client Acknowledgements section of the docs here: https://docs.solace.com/API/API-Developer-Guide/Acknowledging-Messages.htm

I believe you should be able to set this in your spring properties using:

solace.java.apiProperties.message_ack_mode=JCSMPProperties.SUPPORTED_MESSAGE_ACK_CLIENT

(You will probably have to look up the String value for that enum above...I don't recall)

Hope that helps!

• Ali
    Ali Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hey @marc ,

Thanks for the reply!

I am using client ack mode and the "settle" methods to ack/nack. However, the message never gets redelivered.

I tried breaking the flow by calling close() on the flowReceiver then creating a new flowReceiver, that also did not work. My best guess is that it is using the same session, but creating a new session for every redelivered message may cause performance issues.

Any ideas about what could be happening?

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 922 admin
    Options

Hi @Ali ,

Can you check to make sure the queue is configured for redelivery. Also if you look at the stats it will show if the message is being discarded.