Is there any plans to make client-initiated replay available for JMS API?

Options
SeanTYH
SeanTYH Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

I am working on my team's application that uses Solace JCSMP api to trigger a replay from a relative date (ie yesterday) on a particular queue before using a JMSListener to listen to that queue. This causes some replay issues (it fails to replay), if someone were to come in and delete/recreate the replay log right before i bring up my application. I was checking out this topic:

and I noticed this:

"The JMS specification only defines a subset of Solace broker and API capabilities, however, the Connection Factory administered object that is part of the Solace JMS library provides many of the Solace capabilities without requiring any non-compliant JMS code."

Is there any plans to make JMS capable of client-initiated replay?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

JMS is a standards-based API and so Solace cannot add API calls to it and still maintain it is standards-compliant.

Since JMS does not have an API for replay, this is not something Solace can do without adding a non-standard API to JMS.

Therefore it is unlikely we will pursue such a path because one of the main reasons customers choose to use JMS over the Solace Java APIs is because they want to use a standard API and avoid vendor lock in.

Answers

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

JMS is a standards-based API and so Solace cannot add API calls to it and still maintain it is standards-compliant.

Since JMS does not have an API for replay, this is not something Solace can do without adding a non-standard API to JMS.

Therefore it is unlikely we will pursue such a path because one of the main reasons customers choose to use JMS over the Solace Java APIs is because they want to use a standard API and avoid vendor lock in.