Error while integrating with streamsets using JMS API

Options
knsujith
knsujith Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I am trying to connect to Solace event broker using JMS Producer from Streamsets and configured all JMS parameters (user name and password ) but still pipeline throwing below error:

RETRY: JMS_00 - Could not create initial context 'com.solacesystems.jndi.SolJNDIInitialContextFactory' with provider URL 'tcps://mr-connection-irj89q7fz0j.messaging.solace.cloud:55443' : javax.naming.NamingException: Username must be specified

I am using 'sol-jms-10.21.0' libraries which contains 8 jar files. But when i refer to blog "Enabling Change Data Capture (CDC) with Solace and StreamSets" the library contains 9 jar files. Observed 'commons-lang-2.6.jar' file is missed in latest version of solace jms api. Is this reason for this error? if not please let me know what is 'JMS Initial Context Factory' for this version.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee
    Options

You need to add a few additional properties to the JMS connection.

I don't have access to a StreamSets DC right now, but you need to add a few "additional properties" to the connection as partially shown here: https://docs.streamsets.com/portal/controlhub/latest/help/controlhub/UserGuide/ConnectionTypes/JMS.html#concept_mwz_52n_tnb

java.naming.security.principal is your client username

java.naming.security.credentials is your client password

SOLACE_JMS_VPN is your message vpn name

These are required for the JNDI lookup and finding your connection factory in the internal JNDI on the broker.

• knsujith
    knsujith Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I have added above parameters and now got new error

JMS_01 - Could not create connection factory '/JNDI/CF/GettingStarted' : javax.naming.NamingException: JNDI lookup failed - 503: Message VPN Unavailable [Root exception is ((Client name: 4ea0e20b22e7/662/00a00023/V89iT1cy_s Local addr: 172.17.0.3 Local port: 35214 Remote addr: mr-connection-irj89q7fz0j.messaging.solace.cloud Remote port: 55555) - ) com.solacesystems.jcsmp.JCSMPErrorResponseException: 503: Message VPN Unavailable [Subcode:9]]

Please suggest