Is it possible to receive messages from a queue in a FILO way?

Options
l16phill
l16phill Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi,

I am working in Boomi where the branded Solace connector is limited to returning 1000 messages from a queue at one time.

Usually, this would be okay as you would consume the messages as you go until there are none left, however, for my use case I only want to browse the queue and not consume it.

I'd like to retrieve messages in a FILO way so I can see new messages that have been added to the queue - is this possible?

Best Answer

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 921 admin
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @l16phill,

It looks like the Boomi connector docs call out that you are browsing from oldest to newest message in the queue. Do your messages just sit on a queue until they expire? Or how do they eventually get removed?

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 921 admin
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @l16phill,

It looks like the Boomi connector docs call out that you are browsing from oldest to newest message in the queue. Do your messages just sit on a queue until they expire? Or how do they eventually get removed?

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin
    Options

Hi @l16phill, if you just want to see the latest message on a queue, another option would be to configure an LVQ (Last Value Queue, set its spool quota to 0MB), and give it the exact same subscriptions as your primary queue (or if you're publishing to the other queue directly, then add that queue's network topic to the LVQ: #P2P/QUE/<queueName>). Then you can just repeatedly browse the LVQ and it will show the last message currently received.

There is no way to only get the last n messages off a queue… you'd have to browse through everything in a FIFO manner.