Solace IBM MQ Connector - How to enable queue to be subscribed to topic?

Options
chewaiwu
chewaiwu Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi Solace community.

Could someone help me understand below warning from solace ibm mq connector?

I have a solace queue setup with a topic subscription but when I run solace ibm mq connector, everything works fine to consume message off topic but message is not removed from queue's message queue for some reason.

In solace ibm mq connector log, I see below. Is there something I need to enable and where if you could assist.

2024-01-31T17:36:41.324+01:00 WARN 28373 --- [ main] c.s.s.c.s.b.p.SolaceQueueProvisioner : Adding destination as subscription was disabled, queue XXX will not be subscribed to topic XXX

Thank you.

Answers

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee
    Options

This can be safely ignored. It's only a warning and what it's talking about is that it will not automatically create the queue or the subscription. It's actually more relevant to our Solace Spring Cloud Stream binder, which the connector uses.

I will log a ticket to maybe suppress this message, but for now, please ignore it.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 923 admin
    Options

This also sounds like SCSt. is configured to not add topic subscriptions to the queue. So if that is supposed to happen then there is a setting off here. That would explain why the issue is occurring where messages can be consumed directly from the topic, but not the queue.

• amackenzie
    amackenzie Member, Employee Posts: 260 Solace Employee
    Options

The connectors cannot consume from a Solace topic @marc . This warning (and I stress, it's a WARN not an ERROR ) is simply saying that the topic you are publishing to will not be added automatically as a subscription to any queue.

The warning is there so that you are aware that if the Topic you publish to is not subscribed to by a queue, then the messages will not be persisted anywhere.

https://github.com/SolaceProducts/solace-spring-cloud/tree/master/solace-spring-cloud-starters/solace-spring-cloud-stream-starter#solace-producer-properties