Is there a way to enable Audit logs in pub sub+ event broker and fetch those logs?

prashantk2000
prashantk2000 Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

I want to enable audit logging in pubsub event broker which I am running it as docker container. Is there a way to do that? I see Audit logs are there in pubsub cloud but is it available in pub sub event broker?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• uherbst
    uherbst Member, Employee Posts: 127 Solace Employee
    #2 Answer ✓
    1. You could do a "show log command …" in the cli - and you could try this with SEMP… This is not a typical "API"… but hey, it would work. If you want to try this route, ask again.
    2. You can configure syslog forwarding. If you have a syslog server running outside the solace pod, you can forward these logs to it.
      Most probably, this is the typical solution for your concern.

Uli

Answers

• uherbst

To answer your question, we need to agree of the meaning of "Audit log".

Just assuming, you want to see each action on the broker config (for example: Someone creates a queue or reset a password or similar) ?
    This is available in the docker container in /usr/sw/jail/logs/command.log

Or are you looking for something else ?

Uli

• prashantk2000

Thank you @uherbst , I am looking for same logs.
    I am able to copy files from above location.

Do solace provide any apis to download these logs?

• uherbst
    #5 Answer ✓
    1. You could do a "show log command …" in the cli - and you could try this with SEMP… This is not a typical "API"… but hey, it would work. If you want to try this route, ask again.
    2. You can configure syslog forwarding. If you have a syslog server running outside the solace pod, you can forward these logs to it.
      Most probably, this is the typical solution for your concern.

Uli

• prashantk2000

Thank you @uherbst, I was looking for same solution.
    The first point you mentioned: I am able to get the logs using cli. However, how can we do it using SEMP api? can you please share few details about it?