Webhooks integration using solace and webmethods.io
Webhooks is technique in Event Driven Architecture to notify the events, webhooks are user defined HTTP callbacks.
In this example, publisher configured in Solace and subscriber is in webmethods.io to process and push the event to call back URL.
webmethods.io : SAG iPaaS for Integration.
1. Have created publisher application in the Solace Event Portal as a event manager on the particular topic, subscriber will be configured in the webmethods.io
- Create a flow in webmethods.io to subscribe for the events and trigger the Webhooks (HTTP callbacks).
Step 1: in webmethods.io portal, create new flow by going to workflow page.
Step 2: Select the trigger, solace allows provides multiple options to connect with different protocols like AMQP, MQTT, REST, SMT over TCP. In the current example, chosen MQTT as trigger to consume the message, configure the MQTT connection details along with topic to listen events.
- Select the HTTP connector to configure the call back URL.
4. Click on edit to configure the call back URL along with security configuration to connect to server.
5. Drag the message which is received from MQTT to body field as part of the configuration.
- End the flow and save.
SOR (System Of Record) push the data to topic which is configured at solace when ever the event occurs, In webMethods.io, flow picks up the event and post the data to callback url's.
In the current example, logic at the callback server is, send the email notification of the event data.
Run the example:
1. message published to the topic
2. message was consumed push's the data to the configured webhooks url and internally the callback server triggers the notification to the configured mail recipient.