What time-series monitoring solutions do you use??
Metrics! Historical metrics!! So useful for post-mortem analysis of incidents.
(screenshot of a Grafana dashboard)
I've worked with quite a few different technologies over the years, but was wondering what other people's experience and preferences are for this. Let me know, I'm really interested!!
Here's some of mine:
- RRD: long time ago, heavily used in the network monitoring space
- InfluxDB: awesome time-series DB, supports completely dynamic intervals (seconds, milliseconds, micros, nanos), and also push-based data insertion
- KDB (KX): traditionally used in finance, there is now a Solace official plugin for this
- Prometheus: I haven't played with this much, but it is SUPER popular. I have some issues with it, especially that it is poll-based (i.e. tightly coupling the data gathering & storage), and ability to store only one metric at time
- Splunk: some people use this for time-series, but is it the best choice??
Others?? What are your opinions?