Comparing Kafka and Solace PubSub+ Event Brokers
We get queries quite a bit asking for a comparison of Solace Event Brokers vs. Kafka and when to use each or both. I figured it might be useful to create a post in the community that aggregates a bunch of resources that might be useful in one place.
👉 Please Comment Below if you find any useful resources that I'm missing
Broker Comparison Resource List:
- Video: Topic vs. Topic: Solace PubSub+ and Apache Kafka
- Video: Event Topics: Kafka vs. Solace Implementation
- Webpage: Solace with Apache Kafka?
- Webpage: How Solace PubSub+ compares to Apache Kafka
- Webpage: PubSub+ vs. Confluent
- PDF: Summary Comparison of Solace PubSub+ and Confluent Platform
- Blog: Solace Topics vs. Kafka Topics: What's the Difference?
Blog Series: Solace PubSub+ vs. Kafka
Have an operational use case?
- Blog Series: Why You Need to Look Beyond Kafka for Operational Use Cases
Kafka Discovery Resource List: (Not comparison, but useful)
- Codelab: Guided Walk Through of PubSub+ Event Portal Discovery with Kafka
- Video: Runtime Discovery Scan of Kafka Cluster Running on Amazon MSK
- Video: Visualize & Manage Apache Kafka Event Streams
- Blog: Using PubSub+ Event Portal for Support and Visualization of your Kafka Streams
- Webpage: Discover, Visualize and Catalog Your Kafka Event Streams
Kafka Connectors Resource List: (Not comparison, but useful)
- Github Repo for Source Connector
- Github Repo for Sink Connector
- Kafka Connectors Datasheet
- Codelab: Getting Started with the Solace PubSub+ Connectors for Kafka
- Blog: How the PubSub+ Connector for Kafka Enables Fine-Grained Filtering, Protocol Conversation and Scalable Delivery
- Blog: When Connecting Kafka to Solace PubSub+ Makes sense
- Video: How to Setup and Use PubSub+ Connector for Kafka: Source & Sink
- Connector Hub - PubSub+ Kafka Sink
- Connector Hub - PubSub+ Kafka Source
- Confluent Solace Sink Connector
- Confluent Solace Source Connector
👍 Hope this list of resources proves useful!