Logstash input and output plugins for Solace

Options
Aaron
Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 531 admin

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to say that I've started writing some dedicated/native plugins for Logstash using JCSMP, both an input plugin (reads messages off Solace and injects into Logstash), and output plugin (takes Logstash events and publishes as Solace messages).

Logstash has been around forever, and integrates with a TON of other technologies: other brokers, databases, logging databases, cloud storage, etc. So if you're looking for an easy, mostly-config-driven way of taking data either off or onto Solace, then maybe these might fit the bill.

There are generic JMS plugins for Logstash already, but I don't think they're very flexible. For example, output plugins that publish to a fixed, static topic are boring. Publishing to a dynamic, mulit-level Solace topic based on your Logstash event metadata is much more interesting. Same with some MQTT plugins I found, all static topics.

Anyhow, check out the projects here, and let me know if you have any suggestions or queries.

I'll keep on working on these, hardening them and exposing more capabilities via configuration. Please raise any Issues you encounter in GitHub, or find me here.

Thanks!! 🙏

Tagged: