Monitoring Queue Depth

Options
sushi
sushi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

I want to set up alert for queue depth using monitoring tool for Solace cloud (Trial Version).
I have set queue threshold at 80%.
I am able to gather queue stats using SEMP command but not sure how to set the alerts.

Comments

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    Options

Hi @sushi, how do you want to consume the alerts? You can, for instance, have them sent as events that clients can consume. See publishing events on the message bus. I did this and got an event on topic #LOG/WARNING/VPN/single-gcp-europe-west2-a-6cmufo3kn29/VPN_AD_MSG_SPOOL_QUOTA_EXCEED/toms-demo-service on my cloud plan.

• sushi
    sushi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

I used the same subscription but I dont see the events to my queue.

• TomF
    TomF Member, Employee Posts: 406 Solace Employee
    Options

Hi @sushi, you'll need to modify that topic for your broker. Try #LOG/WARNING/VPN/>, will is a global wildcard subscription to anything below the #LOG/WARNING/VPN level.

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 526 admin
    Options

Hey @sushi ... and anyone else finding this eventually... typically one would configure an external Syslog server to receive logging information out of a Solace broker. This is possible with Solace Cloud, but as of the time of this writing, you need to engage with the Solace Cloud devops team to assist you with this. If you are running the software broker yourself, then it's pretty straightforward to do: https://docs.solace.com/System-and-Software-Maintenance/Monitoring-Events-Using-Syslog.htm

But yes, if Syslog is not an option (e.g. free Solace Cloud account?), then events over the message bus can allows you to see logging notifications from the broker.