Solace-pubsub-standard is not starting on mac with m1 chip

Options
satya
satya Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I have pulled the solace-pubsub-standard image, but the container is failing to start on my machine. Is there a way to run the image on mac m1?

Best Answer

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 923 admin
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @satya,

We don't have a date right now, but it's safe to say it won't be in calendar year 2021. For devs having this issue the easiest way forward would likely be to stand up a messaging service in Solace Cloud (there is a free trial), or if in an offline environment host the broker on another machine using the docker container or a VM image.

Answers

• nram
    nram Member, Employee Posts: 80 Solace Employee
    Options

@satya , AFAIK, Solace doesn't have a broker build that runs on ARM processors (that M1 chip is based off) yet.

• satya
    satya Member Posts: 2
    Options

@nram, Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea if there is a plan of releasing a version that runs on ARM processors?

• marc
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @satya,

We don't have a date right now, but it's safe to say it won't be in calendar year 2021. For devs having this issue the easiest way forward would likely be to stand up a messaging service in Solace Cloud (there is a free trial), or if in an offline environment host the broker on another machine using the docker container or a VM image.

• marc
    Options

Hi @satya,

It looks like there might be a work around. I don't have a mac with a M1 chip, but any chance I can get you to try this out and see if it works for you? It sounds like it will either work or fail spectacularly.

https://docs.docker.com/desktop/mac/apple-silicon/

Thanks!

• douglascvas
    douglascvas Member Posts: 1
    Options

Any news on this one? Currently it is not possible for us to test stuff on our macs since there is no Docker image supporting M1.

@marc that does not work. Afaik the image must be built with ARM compatibility set.

• sgamil
    sgamil Member Posts: 1
    Options

@marc any updates about this?

• marc
    Options

Hi @sgamil,

It's made it's way into the backlog and it's definitely something we want to do, but I don't have a scheduled release date at this time.

If you have access to paid support it won't hurt to open a ticket requesting the functionality ;)