Producer error of with golang API on Ubuntu libcrypto.so

ulrich
ulrich Member Posts: 17
edited December 2022 in PubSub+ Event Broker #1

Hi,

I like to test a a golang based producer and I used the example code from https://github.com/SolaceSamples/solace-samples-go/blob/main/patterns/hello_world.go

I got the credentials generate from solace and also downloaded and referred the truststore pem file.

When I start the program on an uptodate Ubuntu server I get the following error message.

go run main.go 
2022/12/09 15:07:03 log.go:41: ERROR solClientDL.c:374          (7f103d8d1640) Could not load library 'libcrypto.so', error: /tmp/go-build1430335048/b001/exe/libcrypto.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
panic: an error occurred while connecting: Could not load library 'libcrypto.so', error: /tmp/go-build1430335048/b001/exe/libcrypto.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

goroutine 1 [running]:
main.main()
	/.../main.go:47 +0x857
exit status 2

I did a basic research on google but didn't find a solution.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
    #2 Answer ✓

Hey @ulrich - I chatted with my colleague @mcardy and he mentioned that you'll need to install openssl a simple apt install libssl-dev should fix your issue.

Answers

• Tamimi
    Tamimi Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 491 admin
    #3 Answer ✓

Hey @ulrich - I chatted with my colleague @mcardy and he mentioned that you'll need to install openssl a simple apt install libssl-dev should fix your issue.

• ulrich
    ulrich Member Posts: 17

yes, that solved the issue. THX!