How to set replyTo using sdkPerf

Hi,

I am using SDK perf tool to perform the latency test. I have been able to send a binary message but how can I set replyTo topic ?

Command used to send binary message:

sdkperf_c -cip=server -cp=something -cu=something -ptl=mytopic_to_publish -mr=messagerate -mn=no_of_message -stl=static_response_topic -pal=mybinary.data

How can I pass replyTo topic and then use it for stl ?

My replyTo topic is not the usual PTP: but is some_predefined_format/reg_expression

Best Answer

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi @mprabhat_jha,

Wow that's surprising! I actually don't see it in sdkperf_c. Note that you can see a bunch of available options using the "help more"-hm command.

Do you actually care what the reply topic is or are you okay with it being anything? If anything you can play with these and see if they give you what you need.

-prt            Publish reply topic flag. Pubs will add reply to topic in each send.  P2P by default.
        -prp=string     Publish reply postfix.  Similar to -prt except pub will add publish topic + this
                        postfix as reply to.

On the other hand, if you don't mind using sdkperf_java it looks like there is a prs option not available with the c version that allows you to specify the exact string you want...at least from my understanding reading the help. I didn't actually try it:

-prs=string     Publish reply string.  Similar to -prt except pub will use this string as reply to.
                        By default, the destination type will be a topic. It is possible to change the destination type
                        by using the "/QUEUE/" or "/TOPIC/" suffix. For example, -prs=/QUEUE/myQueue would set the
                        reply-to destination as queue "myQueue".

Hope that helps!

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 914 admin
    #3 Answer ✓

Hi @mprabhat_jha,

Wow that's surprising! I actually don't see it in sdkperf_c. Note that you can see a bunch of available options using the "help more"-hm command.

Do you actually care what the reply topic is or are you okay with it being anything? If anything you can play with these and see if they give you what you need.

-prt            Publish reply topic flag. Pubs will add reply to topic in each send.  P2P by default.
        -prp=string     Publish reply postfix.  Similar to -prt except pub will add publish topic + this
                        postfix as reply to.

On the other hand, if you don't mind using sdkperf_java it looks like there is a prs option not available with the c version that allows you to specify the exact string you want...at least from my understanding reading the help. I didn't actually try it:

-prs=string     Publish reply string.  Similar to -prt except pub will use this string as reply to.
                        By default, the destination type will be a topic. It is possible to change the destination type
                        by using the "/QUEUE/" or "/TOPIC/" suffix. For example, -prs=/QUEUE/myQueue would set the
                        reply-to destination as queue "myQueue".

Hope that helps!

• mprabhat_jha
    mprabhat_jha Member Posts: 15

Thanks @marc. I tried using the prt+prp but it won't work due to ACL settings. I will try the sdkperf_java as suggested and let you know. Thanks

• mprabhat_jha
    mprabhat_jha Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2023 #5

Hi @marc

I tried it today and it works. Though see GC happening with the sdkperf_java. Does it impact the performance test result ?