What are the steps to enable client certificate authentication via GUI

Ankur lodhi
Ankur lodhi Member Posts: 9

I am trying to enable to Client certificate authentication via GUI on my VPN but I can't see the steps for GUI mode, they are only provided for command line.

Answers

• mstobo
    mstobo Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

Hi Ankur,

If you're using our SaaS (solace.com/cloud) then there is a tutorial here that shows how to first set up the cert and then configure the VPN,

https://docs.solace.com/Cloud/ght_client_certs.htm

• Ankur lodhi

I am not using the saas version, so far I have only found the steps to be performed from command line.

• Aaron
    Aaron Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 508 admin

@Ankur lodhi I can't remember if we have the option of doing TLS configuration stuff via PubSub+ Manager yet? Are you trying to add a server certificate so you can connect encrypted? Or change the authentication method for your VPN?

Do you have admin access to the broker? Or just VPN read-write permissions?

Are you allowed to access the CLI? Is that why this could be an issue?

Give us more details! Thanks!

• mstobo
    mstobo Member, Employee Posts: 22 Solace Employee

To Aaron's point, to configure TLS in the GUI you have to do it at the system level. Assuming you already have a cert you would configure it as in the picture below. Any other steps at the VPN level would be similar to what is in the blog already provided as the SaaS and the software use the same management console at that level. If we're off track let us know by answering some of Aaron's questions above.

• Ankur lodhi

I have identified the steps for the above, thank you for the help on this one.

the request is to enable Certificate authentication on a VPN i.e( applications which are currently using username and password for connection should be able to connect to vpn using their application certificate)

this is a vpn level change will be configured from access control.