Gitlab: Terraform script timeout

swapnil_mahajan
swapnil_mahajan Member Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

I am running terraform script to create objects in event broker instance. In APPLY stage I just see below messages

solacebroker_msg_vpn_queue.test_poc2queue: Still creating... [46m1s elapsed]1692solacebroker_msg_vpn_queue.test_poc1queue: Still creating... [46m1s elapsed]1693solacebroker_msg_vpn_client_profile.test_default: Still creating... [46m0s elapsed]1694solacebroker_msg_vpn_jndi_connection_factory.test_-jms-cf-default: Still creating... [46m11s elapsed]1695solacebroker_msg_vpn_queue.test_poc2queue: Still creating... [46m11s elapsed]1696solacebroker_msg_vpn_queue.test_poc1queue: Still creating... [46m11s elapsed]

After 1 HR its getting timeout with below errors

Error: Broker check failed21252126│ with solacebroker_msg_vpn_client_username.test_default,2127│ on main.tf line 105, in resource "solacebroker_msg_vpn_client_username" "test_default":2128│ 105: resource "solacebroker_msg_vpn_client_username" "test_default" {21292130│ context deadline exceeded (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)

WARNING: step_script could not run to completion because the timeout was exceeded. For more control over job and script timeouts see: 2229ERROR: Job failed: execution took longer than 1h0m0s seconds https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/runners/configure_runners.html#set-script-and-after_script-timeouts

Answers

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 955 admin

Hi @swapnil_mahajan,

Do you know if it configured anything or did everything fail?

It might be worth testing just adding 1 queue to make sure it works before doing something more complex. By the way the links that go to the jobs are password protected so we can't actually see the logs if there is anything more that you think would be worth sharing.

• swapnil_mahajan

Hey @marc ,

Thanks for reply !

Yes I am just adding 1 queue via pipeline and 1 is already exist. I am attaching the log here from pipeline run- if it can help to analyze the issue.

BR, Swap

• swapnil_mahajan

Even after changing the pipeline run settings for 3 hrs, job got timeout in 1h43m11s.

• swapnil_mahajan

Any suggestions here ?

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 955 admin

Hi @swapnil_mahajan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I'm reaching out to a few folks internally to help get this resolved!

• Balazs
    Balazs Member, Employee Posts: 11 Solace Employee
    edited August 7 #7

Hi @swapnil_mahajan,

Assuming you are using Terraform CLI?

From the logs it seems as if there is no connection to the PubSub+ event broker SEMP service. Can you check the connection with a tool on your platform from the same command prompt where you run Terraform CLI? Like curl <url> on Linux, where <url> is the same that you have in the Solace provider configuration? E.g.: curl http://localhost:8080

If there is connection it should respond with some HTML content.

• swapnil_mahajan

Hi @Balazs I am running Terraform script from Gitlab CICD Pipeline not with Command prompt

• Balazs
    Balazs Member, Employee Posts: 11 Solace Employee

Ok, I think this is a duplicate of

and will continue helping on that one.