503 max client queue and Topic endpoint exceeded

Options
akg17
akg17 Member Posts: 76
edited February 2022 in General Discussions #1

I have 15 queues each with 10 concurrency. when i start services i get the error max client queue and Topic endpoint exceeded. It's a spring cloud stream application.

what could be the possible cause and solution for this problem.

Comments

• arih
    arih Member, Employee Posts: 125 Solace Employee
    Options

hi @akg17

It seems your broker has reached its limit. If you're running on docker, the default 'tier' is 100, which has 100 max (total) queues or topic endpoints and also max 100 client connections. 10 concurrency means 10 connections and this likely hits your limits when you started more services.

To get a higher tier on docker, you can recreate a new broker (container) and add this flag --env system_scaling_maxconnectioncount=1000

If you're using Solace Cloud, then you'll just need to create a new service on a higher tier :)

• akg17
    Options

We have total 10k Connection for vpn but still get the same issue, do i need to change any configuration for client profile, does client profile has any ingress/egress flow restriction that need to be changed.

• akg17
    edited December 2021 #4
    Options

@arih @marc Can you please help me.

Just want to understand if anything need to be changed with profile configuration.
    What are the possible options to set. It works with one vpn and not with another vpn.

• marc
    marc Member, Administrator, Moderator, Employee Posts: 920 admin
    Options

Hi @akg17,
    It sounds to me like you're hitting the limit on the "Combined umber of Queues and Topic Endpoints" allowed by your Service class. Are you using a PS+ Messaging Service? Do you know which class it is?

Here are the options: https://docs.solace.com/Cloud/service-class-limits.htm

See the "Service-level Limits for Each Service Class" table. It has a column that states the number of "Combined umber of Queues and Topic Endpoints" by service class.

Then on your Messaging Activity Dashboard in PS+ Cloud you can see how many Endpoints you are using. For example see the middle chart here:

• arih
    arih Member, Employee Posts: 125 Solace Employee
    Options

@akg17 said:
    @arih @marc Can you please help me.

Just want to understand if anything need to be changed with profile configuration.
    What are the possible options to set. It works with one vpn and not with another vpn.

Hi @akg17

If you're using Solace Cloud, then see Marc's comment above. But if you're using software/appliance with multiple VPN, you can check each VPN setting and click show advanced settings like picture below, and see if there are different numbers between your VPNs especially 100 vs 1000.